Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Historic week for Middlebury Interactive Languages

The attached picture is me signing the partnership contract with e2020.  This represents the single biggest contract in our company history -- a five year, $2.5mm deal! 

Huge kudos to BETH GEMMILL & JIM BLAIR who quarterbacked the sales effort.  Ismail for driving the contracting process forward relentlessly and Spencer and Kandyce for addressing technology integration issues and kicking off training on the PGLMS courses.  This is a major victory that has immediate and positive cash impact on the company.  But the bigger challenge lies ahead -- making sure that the large number of students that e2020 hopes to enroll in our high quality world language courses, have a very positive experience and achieve critical learning outcomes.  The work Tom has begun with Dana to insure we have data on usage and continually monitor the progress of students toward course completion -- as well as refining our processes of enrolling students and providing world class customer support -- will ultimately determine the impact of this partnership. 

And as if this is not exciting enough news, yesterday we were notified that our RFP to the state of Delaware received among the highest scores and therefore we are going to be presenting later this month to a team of educators and policy makers at the Delaware Department of Education.  While we have great confidence in our product and team and I was extremely pleased with the response we submitted, this is still a great achievement for us.  I feel great about our chances when we can show the student experience and expert teachers that distinguish us from our competition in the language learning market.

On a personal note, as I wrote earlier this week, the 3rd week of May has for 11 years been an awesome one for me -- it gives me great pleasure that e2020's CEO signed the contract on 5/15 and Delaware called us on 5/15 -- while I was sharing the day with my family to celebrate the history I inadvertently made 11 years ago when I gave birth to Lauren and Sarah (while serving as Governor).

However, I also know that the team we've put together, the product we've built and the momentum we are building are going to give us lots more dates & events to celebrate in the coming year.  Onward!!

3 comments:

  1. This is incredible news!!! I am excited to be part of such an impressive company on the leading edge of language learning and helping drive the new generation of students into a true world economy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does anyone else read this blog? Just curious.

    ReplyDelete